Friday, February 8, 2019

Homebrew WAS

Could this be the first FT8 WAS earned using only QRPish (10 Watts) scratch-built homebrew gear?  If not, it's got to be a very small club.
I'm not much into paper chasing, but see the appeal of it and would love to see the ARRL (and other amateur radio organizations) recognize our accomplishments in the realm of homebrewing much the same as they do contest results and DXCC stats. 

After several years and moderate success as a DXer and contester, I was totally burned-out until I added the homebrew dimension.  How many more of us are out there?  Certainly, I can't be the only one.

ARRL, CQ, etc.; Are you listening?

1 comment:

  1. Congratualtions Steve. I have joked about winning contests in the QRP All-Discrete SSB-in-a-wooden-box Northern Virginia category. But you have actually gone out and REALLY won an award with HB gear. Great stuff. 73 Bill

    ReplyDelete